The word Apprenticeship Training Agency is not a term familiar with employers, yet the core concept of this model was to remove the barriers for employers and support them to invest in the future.
The Apprenticeship Training Agency concept has been designed to provide a supportive arm to employers freeing them of the HR, payroll responsibilities for the apprentice. These employers are called ‘hosts’.
A thorough recruitment processes in undertaken by the Apprenticeship Training Agency and the best candidates are selected and presented to the ‘host’. Once the host selects the best applicant for them the Apprenticeship Training Agency would legally employ this apprentice on the employer’s behalf.
As a host the employer would set the apprentices wage and the Apprenticeship Training Agency would invoice the host employer for the apprentices wage plus their service charge.
The Apprenticeship Training Agency service is extremely straightforward and flexible and can be tailored to suit the business needs.
Here are 10 reasons why employers choose an Apprenticeship Training Agency;
- The employer has head count restrictions therefore employing an Apprentice through Apprenticeship Training Agency allows them to grow the team effectively without affecting their head count restrictions
- The employer does not have the time or expertise to advertise, screen and interview so choose Apprenticeship Training Agency to take all the hard work and hassle out of the process
- The employer is safe in the knowledge that pastoral support programme keeps the Apprentice on track and Apprenticeship Training Agency visit regularly for feedback from both the employer and their Apprentice
- It is affordable and benefits the whole team when a new often younger person joins the existing team brining ideas and enthusiasm
- The employer does not have to worry about weekly pay HMRC and the additional costs and time of an HR function for their Apprentice as Apprenticeship Training Agency acts as the employer
- The employer does have opportunity to return an Apprentice without the worry of the legal implications if for any reason it does not work out. Normally, Just 2 weeks’ notice is all required
- The employer has been let down in the past by training providers and want to try a fresh approach as committed to the Apprenticeship programme
- An Apprentice often takes on many of the tasks that free up you and your staff to focus on areas that will best benefit your business whilst adhering to the requirements of the framework they are there to complete
- As the employer you can be guided to choose the right framework and length of time the Apprentice is with you as our staff are highly experienced in assisting with the right choices for your business needs whilst insuring the Apprentice learns as much as they can during their time with you
- If the employer has a short term project or only requires a part time apprentice, the Apprenticeship Training Agency can manage this process and either move the apprentice to another employer once the project has been completed or find a second employer to meet the 30 hours per week for the apprentice.
Find out more about the Apprenticeship Training Agency model here